Know The Facts And Get The COVID Vaccine
COVID-19 continues to pose a serious public health risk. That is why it is important to know the facts, get your vaccine, and help your loved ones get the vaccine too.
The coronavirus continues to pose a serious public health risk. Viruses constantly change, and new versions emerge. The Delta variant is now the most common strain of the coronavirus these days.
You should know that:
- The Delta variant is more contagious, causes more infections, and spreads faster than the original virus.
- The Delta variant may cause more severe illness than previous strains in unvaccinated people.
- Although vaccines provide strong protection against severe disease and death, fully vaccinated people can be infected by and transmit the Delta variant.
- That is why it is critical to get your vaccine and help your loved ones get the vaccine, too.
- Vaccines will protect you from severe illness and death from the coronavirus and the Delta variant. After you are fully vaccinated, wear a mask indoors in public places.
Why get a vaccine?
- Get a vaccine to protect yourself, your loved ones and your community. Vaccines are effective at preventing severe illness and death from the coronavirus and the Delta variant.
- Vaccines are safe and effective. Medical experts carefully tested the vaccines among thousands of adults with diverse backgrounds.
- Find a vaccine location near you
- COVID-19 vaccines are free and available to anyone who wants one, regardless of their immigration or health insurance status.